XO MARRIAGE RETREAT 2019
“Escape the Ordinary”
at the beautiful Michindoh Conference Center
(a Spring Arbor University ministry campus)
Click HERE to see more about Michindoh
TITLE: 2019 XO Marriage Retreat
THEME: “Escape the Ordinary”
DATE/TIME: September 20-21 (final schedule TBD)
LOCATION: Michindoh Conference Center, 4545 E. Bacon Rd, Hillsdale, MI 49242
$170 per couple for lodging with 3 buffet meals (discounted from $198)
$100 per couple for RV sites with 3 buffet meals, electricity, water, and septic (discounted from $108)
Note: The retreat planning team has discounted the original cost through their hard work and fund raising efforts in early 2019.
LODGING: (45 rooms available)
MERILLAT HOTEL ROOMS
· 26 rooms with queen bed, linens, towels, private bath, air-conditioning, and murphy bed.
· 9 of the 26 rooms have a twin bed in addition to the queen and murphy beds.
· These rooms are perfect for those desiring restful accommodations.
· 3 apartments located adjacent to the Merillat Lodge, in the heart of the Main Campus.
· Each apartment has a bedroom with a queen bed and living area with additional beds.
· Ideal for those that want to be near the action, yet away from the Main Lodge.
· Linens, air-conditioning, and a private bath are included.
PINE RIDGE UNITS
· 16 air-conditioned units, each with a comfortable queen bed with linens and several bunk beds.
· Nestled along a beautifully landscaped hillside on the West campus.
· Each cabin has a private bedroom, living/sleeping area, bathroom, and a table with chairs.
· An ideal place to enjoy each other’s company.
CAMPING: On West Campus, 25 cement-pad RV sites are each equipped with 30 and 50 amp hookup, water, and septic. Each site is located near picnic tables and charcoal grills. Bathrooms and laundry facilities are within walking distance.
Activities and facilities during free time:
Canoes, kayaks, paddle boats will be available
Waterslide (heated) may be scheduled, if desired
Swimming is possible, but water will likely be too cold, and no lifeguard is scheduled
Complimentary Activities: (must notify Michindoh in advance for scheduling purposes)
Gym (basketball, volleyball, floor hockey, soccer, dodge ball)
Wagon and Trolley Rides (choose one, seasonally available)
Baseball Field (bring equipment for baseball or softball, kickballs available)
Recreation Fields (for football or soccer)
Campfires (firewood available, year-round)
Mud Pit (schedule this activity, seasonally available)
Disc Golf (nine holes, discs/maps/score cards available)
Waterslide (open in the afternoon, weather permitting, schedule this activity)
Fishing (bring equipment, a Michindoh permit is required, seasonally available)
Boating (paddleboats, row boats, canoes, weather permitting)
Lake Swimming (weather permitting, no life guard)
Archery Battle ($160/hour for a group)
Climbing Wall ($75/hour includes two facilitators)
Indoor High Ropes ($15/person)
3D Climbing Wall ($75/hour includes two facilitators)
Archery ($60/hour for approximately sixteen people, seasonally available)
Team Building Initiatives (a low challenge course, $10/person, minimum of two hours is recommended, athletic shoes required)
High Ropes Course ($15/person for level one, $22.50 for levels one and two, 8 person minimum)
Zip Line (1000 ft. long, $5/person with a 20 person minimum)
Banana Boat Rides (behind a speed boat, $90/hour for up to 30 people, seasonally available)
Nature Center ($60/hour for up to 30 people)
Foam Daddy Extreme Slip-n-slide ($300 for first hour, $150 for second hour, seasonally available)